High standards of professionalism are expected from all students at the Hull Centre. All students should arrive at the Centre fully prepared, and in the right frame of mind to learn.
A student will be suspended 3 months for a first offence of the following:
- Being under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- In possession of drugs or alcohol
- Promoting the use of, or trafficking drugs or alcohol
- Observed or reported to be using drugs or alcohol on school property
If a student wishes to return to the Centre after a suspension for the above offences, they will be required to submit a written request for a meeting with the Principal. The student will also be required to meet with our Drug and Alcohol Counsellor after their return.
The following is an excerpt from the Western Quebec School Board Drug and Alcohol Policy:
Adult Sector Students
- Any students registered in Adult Education found trafficking, under the influence of, or in possession of alcohol and/or illegal drugs will be immediately expelled from school.
- The school administration will confiscate the alcohol/or illegal drugs.
- Where appropriate, the police will be notified, the student will be identified to them and the police will be given the confiscated goods.
Notwithstanding the above, this Board makes every effort to cooperate with and enlist the support of the Health & Social Services rehabilitation programs and other related community-based organizations designed specifically to address the needs of students who have a recognized drug and alcohol problem and through curriculum based projects educates its students on the responsibility to self and society.
Furthermore, the Principals of the schools shall continue to take whatever measures they deem appropriate to keep our schools alcohol and drug free, and they shall publicize this statement of the Board’s intentions.