CMP 5056-1 Word Processing I
Word Processing 1 is designed to help adults acquire basic
knowledge specifically related to word processing. Using Microsoft Word, learners apply basic functions, formatting, and other techniques found in this application, in the creation of various Word documents.
Examples of required competencies:
- To use the basic commands for loading a word-processing program, managing files and printing a document
- To produce a short printed text To modify a given text
- To reproduce a one-page text using various characters formatting functions
- To change the presentation of a text using paragraph formatting functions
such as line spacing, paragraph alignment, paragraph indent and paragraph border
CMP 5057-1 Word Processing II
The Word Processing II course follows Word Processing I. It is designed to broaden the adults' understanding of the notions of text presentation and text editing.
1) To change a text using electronic dictionaries and the search and replace
2)) To incorporate images into a given text.
3) To produce a printed version of a text consisting of several numbered pages with margins, headers and footers, taking into account the paper size and
page orientation for printing.
4) To produce a text containing a table and columns.
CMP 5058-1 Spreadsheets 1
The Spreadsheets I course helps adults acquire the basic knowledge related to using a spreadsheet program. It enables them to use the basic functions required for producing a spreadsheet on a computer. At the end of this course, adults will become sufficiently autonomous to be able to use a spreadsheet program as a work tool in all their courses and everyday use
To acquire the minimum skills required for using a spreadsheet program.
1) To use the basic commands for loading a spreadsheet program, managing
files and printing a document.
2) To produce a printed version of a spreadsheet comprising text and numbers.
3) To complete a spreadsheet using the mathematical formulas or statistical
functions of a spreadsheet program.
4) To use the main functions for formatting a spreadsheet.
CMP 5059-1 Spreadsheets 2
The Spreadsheets II course follows Spreadsheets I and is designed to enable adults to
further their knowledge of the functions of a spreadsheet program.
To acquire the skills required for using the main functions of a spreadsheet
1) To change a spreadsheet using the commands for moving the cells, for
inserting and deleting rows and columns, and for editing the contents of the
2) To arrange the contents of a spreadsheet.
3) To prepare a spreadsheet model using the copy commands of a spreadsheet program.
4) To produce a printed version of a spreadsheet consisting of several
numbered pages with margins, headers and footers, taking into account the paper size and page orientation for printing.
5) To produce a printed chart based on a spreadsheet, using the main graphics
commands of a spreadsheet program.
CMP 5060-1 Consulting Databases
COURSE: The Consulting Databases course is designed to help adults acquire the basic knowledge related to using a database. It enables adults to use the basic functions for searching, querying and classifying information. In light of the development of new information technologies, this course enables adults to become sufficiently autonomous to be able to use a database as a work tool in all their courses. By using the knowledge acquired in this course, adults will be able to make the kind of connections that will enable them to optimally exploit the many database applications available on the information highway and to use the various applications offered by databases available. :
The minimum skills required for using a database.
1) To use the basic functions required for loading a database, and for managing
and printing files.
2) To use the main options for querying and displaying a file in a database.
3) To change a database display by using the different options for classifying
COURSE: The PowerPoint course covers all aspects of the Office 2010 PowerPoint program. You will be able to create dynamic and interesting presentations to captivate your audience while delivering a potent message.