ALL CLASSES ON DECEMBER 17, 18 and JANUARY 4-8 WILL BE ONLINE ONLY.
OUR REGULAR HYBRID GROUP ROTATION SCHEDULE WILL RESUME ON JANUARY 11 WITH GROUP B IN-PERSON AND GROUP A ONLINE.
FEEDBACK? SUGGESTIONS? COMMENTS?
Letter from the Director
We thank you for your patience as we work towards making this a safe and positive return for all our students and staff.
To ensure students and staff are safe when they return, the Hull Centre has implemented COVID-19 protocols based on recommendations from Quebec Public Health and the Quebec Ministry of Education.
We look forward to working with you and helping you achieve your academic goals in 2020-2021.
Director Hull Adult Education Centre
COVID-19 Protocols for the Hull Adult Education Centre
- Orientation workshops will be staggered to limit the number of students within the centre at once. August 28st Group A and August 31st Group B.
The orientation letter will be sent to students by email. The letter indicates which day the student can come to the centre for their orientation and to receive their class schedule
- All students and staff will go through an orientation workshop that will cover the rules and regulations of COVID-19 and what educational services are available.
- A maximum of 12 students per class. (Physically in the classroom)
The 12 students in class will be spaced out 1.5 meters. (Tape on the floor highlights where students can sit)
- In order to offer educational services to as many students as possible, students will be alternating days within the centre. Groups A and B.
Students will be in the centre every second day. When a student is not in the centre they will access their class and teacher through an on line virtual platform (Ex. Teams)
- Night Courses (Math and English) will also be offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays to ensure students have educational services in person. A maximum of 12 students per class. (Tape on the floor highlights where students can sit).
- The gymnasium at the Hull Centre has been changed into a large computer lab (spaced on COVID-19 protocols). Students who need to access a computer or the internet will be scheduled to use the computer lab. The computer lab will be open from 8:45 am to 3:30 pm daily. Please speak to Scott Cavers firstname.lastname@example.org or Sheldon Macgillivray email@example.com to reserve a space.
- The entire centre has been clearly marked (signs) with COVID-19 protocols
to ensure students and staff respect social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfectant has been placed throughout the entire centre for easy access and use for all students and staff.
- The main entrance will only be used as an entrance for students and staff.
The two other entrances will be used as exits to ensure social distancing.
- Students and staff MUST WEAR a mask while in the Centre. While in the classroom and seated, students and staff can remove their mask. Please refer to the pictograph below.
MISSION, VISION, VALUES
The Hull Adult Education Centre is committed to creating a supportive, respectful and professional environment that fosters realistic goals, personal success and a commitment to learning
Every adult learner will achieve success through personal growth as a self-confident, self-directed individual.
We understand that education is a lifelong pursuit for intellectual and social growth, which makes an individual a productive and caring member of society.